Individuals may opt-out of having personal information about themselves made available through Socure systems in accordance with legal requirements or if permitted by Socure policy.
This opt-out policy only applies to personal information that is available through Socure-owned databases. Please note opting-out of our databases will not prevent other companies or public record agencies from collecting or disseminating your personal information.
The bases under which Socure policy allows such an opt-out—in addition to any opt-outs required by law—are the following:
- Public and elected officials, including law enforcement officers, may request to opt-out in cases where the official is on a high-profile assignment, or under threat of death or serious bodily harm or in cases where opt-out opportunities are required by law.
- Private individuals who are facing a substantial risk of physical harm or who are victims of identity theft may request to opt-out of having personal information about themselves made available through Socure products (other than disclosures that may be made to our law enforcement subscribers).
Individuals who request to opt-out for these reasons may submit their requests online or by mail.
Documentation Required for Opt-Out Request
Each opt-out request must include documentation substantiating the risk of physical harm or the individual's status as an identity theft victim or as a person otherwise meeting the above criteria. Socure reserves the right to determine in its sole reasonable discretion what documentation meets the above criteria. If your opt-out request is not approved we will promptly inform you about that determination.
- If you are a law enforcement officer or public official, submit a letter from your supervisor stating that your position exposes you to a threat of death or serious bodily harm; or
- If you are a victim of identity theft, submit a copy of a police report documenting the identity theft or documentation that verifies the identity theft claim such as a letter from your credit card company, and an Identity Theft Affidavit; or
- If you are at risk of physical harm but do not work in law enforcement, submit a copy of a court protective order, a copy of a police report or similar documentation such as a letter from a social worker, a shelter administrator or a health care professional.
All opt-out requests may be submitted via email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the supporting documentation cannot be uploaded with the email, individuals may submit their requests online, but also must mail the supporting documents to this address:
110 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10011
PLEASE NOTE: Information submitted to Socure as part of a request to opt-out as set forth in this policy will be used solely in fulfilling the request and for no other purposes. Please also note that implementation of an opt-out request will require a reasonable amount of time. If after implementation of an opt-out request for you, we inadvertently include any data about you in a manner inconsistent with the above policy, please contact us promptly by email at email@example.com so we can investigate and address what has occurred.